Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Crescent Chicken Squares

I have no pictures, but these are one of our favorite dinners. I grew up eating these with left over turkey after Thanksgiving. So delicious.

Preheat oven to 350.

Blend 3oz pack softened cream cheese
2 Tbsp melted butter/margarine until smooth

Add:
2 C cooked cubed/shredded chicken (I've have used canned chicken, chicken breasts, leftover turkey. The canned chicken is super delicious and really easy)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp green onions
1 Tbsp chopped pimento (I've never put this in. I don't even know what it is)

8oz Pillsbury Refrigerated Quick Crescent dinner rolls

Separate crescent rolls into 4 squares. (the rolls come as triangles. with a rolling pin combine 2 triangles together to make a square). Spoon 1/2 C chicken mixture onto center of each square; pull 4 corners of dough to center of mixture; seal. Brush tops ith 1 Tbsp melted butter. Dip in 3/4 C crushed croutons.

Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Top with cream of chicken soup.

This makes 4 squares. They are really good as leftovers also.

I never have croutons to dip on top so I skip this part, but I'm sure it's good.

I have also noticed that if you put a little less milk in the mixture it is thicker which is nice.

I have realized recently how delicious the filling is as a dip with crackers with canned chicken. I made a double batch of this the other day, baked half of it for dinner and have the remaining in the fridge as a dip to snack on or I can make some more squares another night. Either way, it has been delicious. Hudson loves them as well as Grant.

Enjoy!!

No comments: