Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spicy Ginger Pasta

Spicy Ginger Pasta -
When I found this recipe, it originally called for chicken and broccoli - no peppers. But since we're not big meat eaters around here and I can never have enough veggies, I nixed the chicken and added the peppers. I think it's 100 times better (any veggies would be great in this dish). Also, careful with the ginger and red pepper flakes. This dish can get super spicy in hurry if you're too generous with either.

8 – 10 oz Angel hair spaghetti
1 cup Broccoli florets
1/2 Red pepper
1/2 Green pepper
1/2 Yellow pepper
½ cup chopped peanuts

Sauce:1 cup Kraft Toasted Sesame dressing (I have always used the low-fat version of this dressing to make it a bit healthier and it's still packed with flavor).
3 Tb Soy Sauce
½ tsp Garlic powder
¼ - ½ tsp Red pepper flakes
½ tsp freshly grated ginger. I really love the ginger, so I never measure. I do WAY more than ½ tsp. I just keep adding and adding.

Directions: Cook pasta according to package. When there is 3 minutes left, add the broccoli. Meanwhile, in a fry pan add a bit of olive oil (or plain Veg oil). Fry peppers. (When frying, I turn the heat way up to get the pan super hot before adding the peppers. It browns the peppers a bit, while keeping them a bit crunchy). Add the sauce to the pan. Turn down heat and saute until pasta is ready - makes a nice reduction sauce.
Put pasta in bowl. Pour sauce on top. Gently mix. Sprinkle peanuts on top.

No comments: